After watching the video American Epidemic: The Nation’s Struggle with Opioid Addiction, thoroughly address the questions listed below in APA format. (20 points) Please use at least one reference other than the textbook and documentary in completing this assignment. Remember to cite your references!
1) To what extent did the documentary leave you with a sense of involvement, hope, indifference, despair – or maybe with a mixture of such feelings? Why?
2) How did this documentary impact you on both personal and professional levels?
3) Discuss the influence that addiction had on various family members (grandparents, parents, children, spouses, etc.) throughout the documentary. Discuss the fine line between enabling and supporting. Discuss the importance of appropriate and healthy boundaries when interacting with addicts. Discuss the multiple emotions experienced by family members of addicts.
4) Discuss and analyze how various social determinants of health may lead to high-risk behaviors to include drug use.
5)Discuss the stigma associated with mental health and addiction.
6) What are some of the issues and concerns experienced by children of addicts that lead to social workers getting involved?
7) How difficult do you think it would be for you to work with individuals and families experiencing addiction?
8) What do you think are some of the personal and professional challenges faced by social workers/human services professionals/counselors working in this specific field?
*You may also add any other thoughts or personal reactions you had after watching this documentary.
TEXTBOOK READING (Attachment):
– Health and Social Work Practice, Policy, and Research by Janna
C. Heyman and Elaine P. Congress
– Copyright 2018 Springer Publishing Company, LLC
– Chapter 8: Substance Misuse, Abuse and Substance-Related
Disorder (Page 125-130)
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates