You will be assigned to facilitate 1 or 2 weeks in which you will conduct a 30-minute class discussion on an
assigned topic/competency (in the syllabus) for that week. “Facilitation” means that you will be prepared by
being familiar with the competency, asking the class open-ended questions and sharing personal examples
related to the discussion topic. The goal is to create an engaging and participatory classroom environment.
Some basic guidelines and tips that will help your presentation are:
– Do not include videos in your presentation. This assignment should be completely interactive although
you may share a video for the class to view on their own time.
– You can ask the class to discuss things in groups or pairs.
– Challenge the class to think critically about their perceptions.
– Ask the class to summarize what they have learned.
– You can assign the class something a week in advance so that you can then review it in your facilitation.
– You are expected to problem solve openly with the class if they have difficulty discussing a topic.
– Your final presentation does not need to be turned in to your professor.
Optional: Students may also invite an experienced field agency staff member, or BSW alumni who you know
has sufficient experience with your assigned topic, to speak for 20 minutes. You will then facilitate the
remainder of the discussion with the class. If you opt for this option, you must let your professor know in
advance and you must prepare for what you will do if the presenter cancels.
2pts Student was prepared for class facilitation/presentation (PPT slides, handouts or
something similar). Student was engaging and asked the class questions.
2pts Presentation was organized- clear introduction, content, and conclusion. Visual aids are
effective, organized, and helpful. All material must be cited where appropriate.
2pts Student understands the material. Competency/topic must be defined thoroughly. Student
must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
2pts Student demonstrates appropriate communication skills. Ideas were clearly explained.
1pt Student demonstrated creativity in their presentation.
1pt Student demonstrates time management skills, was clear, and concise. Presented for
at least 30 minutes (maximum 45 minutes).
10 points total
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates