Using the topic you have developed in PSY-530 (if you have not taken PSY-530, please check with your instructor about a topic), write a Research Proposal (2,000-2,500 words) on a topic relevant to the course. To complete the Research Proposal, do the following:
Review the attached document “Research Proposal Guidelines” as well as Topic 7 lecture section on The Results and Discussion Sections in the Research Proposal for a brief overview pertaining to “how to” complete the assignment.
Introductory section: Include hypothesis and a review of the literature.
Method section: Include subsections on Participants, Apparatus/Materials/Instruments, Procedure, and Design.
Results section: Include statistic, critical values, degrees of freedom, and alpha level.
Discussion section: Include interpretation of results, ethical concerns, limitations of study, and suggestions for future research.
Figures and Tables section: Include a minimum of two (either two figures, two tables, or a figure and a table).
Include at least 8-10 scholarly references.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Among our previous weeks’ discussions, we have addressed a myriad of topics including the functions of null hypotheses and alternative hypotheses, and how they fit into the greater scheme of things called “research.” In addition, there have been numerous posts with “how-to” to create statistical figures and diagrams in different programs, such as Word or Excel. Depending on the track of the weekly discussion boards, several links to websites may also have been provided including information on the scientific method, research method typologies, calculations, statistics glossary, elementary statistics concepts, statistical significance, survey information at surveymonkey.com, etc.
When you are in the process of organizing and writing a formal research proposal of several thousand words on a topic which is relevant to a particular course, I advise you to pay particular attention to the completion of the Results and Discussion Sections of the research proposal since you will not actually be conducting your research study. For example, four of the items to be included in the results section are:
1. Selecting the appropriate statistic according to the design you created for the Method section
2. Including the alpha level of .05
3. Calculating the df since you know how many participants/subjects you need
4. Calculating the critical value needed to reject the null hypothesis (H0)
The discussion section should include the following three components:
1. Explaining the results in “everyday” language
2. Explaining the strengths and limitations of your study
3. Explaining future research options
When constructing a formal research proposal, a discussion of ethics is required whether or not that research project includes human and/or non-human subjects.
The References page(s) follows the body of the research paper according to the APA Manual, and the last two items are the Tables and Figures.If you do not carry out the project, you can construct data from a similar previously conducted research project; however, if this is not possible, the table format can still be set up sans the numerical data.
Research Proposal Format:
• Introductory Section – hypothesis and literature review
• Methodology – subsections on participants, apparatus/materials/instruments, procedure, and design
• Results Section – statistic, critical values, degrees of freedom, and alpha level
• Discussion Section – interpretation of results, ethical concerns, limitations of study, and suggestions for future research
• Appendices Section – minimum of two appendices (two figures, two tables or one figure and one table)
• References – minimum of eight to ten scholarly references
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates