Exercise 2: Presentation of your research design
You have now completed your research design outline.
The purpose of the second exercise is to defend your research project. In order to do so, you will need to make a short video with a maximum duration of 6 minutes, in a narrated PowerPoint presentation (presentation + voice). You may also use an alternative presentation software / application that allows you to record your argumentation simultaneous to your set of slides.
In your presentation, you will need to cover the following aspects:
1. The question
– Please describe your topic (broad) and the research question / puzzle (narrowed down) of your research design.
– Please justify your choice and explain why the chosen issue is relevant / worth researching.
2. Contextualization in the literature
– Please explain briefly how you would proceed to identify the most relevant literature. If you are familiar with the topic, you may briefly refer to the state of the art of your topic / area of interest, and how your research fits within the literature.
3. Your approach to the question
– Please explain the guiding theoretical assumptions (framework) of your study.
– Please enumerate the variables or factors that must be analyzed in order to answer your question and explain why.
– Please present your hypothesis/es and explain how you have come up with it/them.
4. Your method
– Please explain what data you could analyze in order to demonstrate the relationships between the variables that you hypothesized.
– What would be the source of the data? Would you be able to generate the data by yourself? If so, how?
– Please explain your choice of method for the data collection and analysis. Why do you think this is the most suitable method?
– Please explain how this method can help you answer your research question(s).
– Please explain any limits / shortcomings that you can foresee in your research design.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you structure your presentation in clear and logical sections. It is very important to respect the maximum amount of time allowed for the video. You may want to prepare a scriipt before recording your video, if it helps you keep the time.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates