This short essay exam is designed to test your conceptual understanding of the topics in a format that practices your technical, and scientific writing skills
– You may use relevant resources to support your answer: Trunity ICB, lectures, notes, etc.
– Please include references where appropriate
– NO quotations
– Answers should be concise (1-2 paragraphs). No penalty for writing more.
Question (don’t have to rewrite the question):
1. Why do some species demonstrate seasonal dimorphism? What environmental triggers stimulate these physical changes? What physiological processes might play a role in these physical changes?
2. When faced with limited resources, how do individual organisms respond in terms of allocation of those resources? Provide an example and include how allocation of limited resources affects evolutionary fitness (survival and reproduction).
3. Peppered moths responded to environmental change (namely pollution) by shifting their morphology to a darker color. Why was this change in color morph important to the survival of these populations? Explain how this change is expressed at the population level, rather than the individual level. (Hint: think in terms of adaptation and evolution).
4. How did the role of humans as predators likely impact populations of prey species? Provide relevant examples
5. What is a dead zone in the marine environment? How does a dead zone form? What are the ecological consequences of a dead zone?
This is the lecture slide, if you can’t find the answer just use the internet source. Only need about 150 words for each answer.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates