Watch “When the Bough Breaks” from the documentary series “Unnatural Causes.” A link to the video is posted in this week’s folder
In your reflection journals for this week, summarize the episode and respond to three of the comprehension questions below.
1. What did Drs. Collins and David hypothesize about the poor birth outcomes for African American women in the U.S.?
2. What are some of the consequences of premature birth?
3. What evidence did Drs. Collins and David find that undercuts genetic explanations for racial disparities in birth outcomes?
4. How long does it take for rates of infant mortality among female children of African immigrants to equal those of African Americans?
5. What happened during the Civil Rights movement to the health of African Americans compared to Whites? Why did this change occur?
6. Describe Dr. Lu’s life-course perspective.
7. According to the film, what is the evidence that racism may not be an issue of the past?
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates