This Sustainable Product Development Project is an opportunity to prove that you can develop, produce, and market a sustainable product and also on deciding how you would manufacture it in quantity. Now it is time for you to determine your company’s and/or brand’s goals considering your customer, mission/purpose and strategies.
Essentially the purpose of this project is to source and make product development choices for your own sustainable products. Decide what they will be made from as far as different fiber contents natural or manufactured, biodegradable or recycled. Keep in mind the reasoning for your design, material and production choices and the impact your choices will have on the people, the environment, and the future. Consider how you will be able to justify the added cost of being sustainable. All choices are yours to make and you will be responsible to support your choices throughout this assignment. Finally, decide where you fit in, now that you know what other companies/brands mean when they promote themselves as being sustainable.
1. Determine what textiles and trim you will use and why you have chosen them. Remember that the term textiles not only include the fiber content and the fabric but also the threads, interfacing and etc.
2. Source what companies and/or cooperatives where, from and by whom you will get the necessary materials and manufacturing will be done plus, why you have chosen them.
3. Analyze what will make your company successful and sustainable plus how your product is different from what others are offering and desired by your target clientele.
4. Finalize your own mission statement now, for your company as the Sustainable Brand; you desire to be known as.
5. Include either a drawing or computer-generated prototype of your product.
6. Include a complete reference page and cite all the individual sources used for
7. End with a one paragraph conclusion of your thoughts and feelings about this
project and what you hope to take out of this into your future careers.
Length: 4-6 pages, double spaced in a 12pt font
What to Hand in: Either a report or presentation in terms of your product development, production and market planning, with your reasoning for all of your choices to fulfill the above expectations.
Grading: I will be grading on a scale of 1 to 100. Expectations 1 through 6 are worth 15 points each. Expectation 7 is worth 10 points.
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates