Submit a 4- to 5-page page paper in which you provide an assessment of your community. Follow these steps to apply macro skills in your assessment:
Use the Overview Questions in the Community Assessment Guiding Framework handout to help you identify the important characteristics of your social environment—that is, your community.
Use the Assessment Questions in the Community Assessment Guiding Framework handout to assess the integration of services in your communities.
To write your 4- to 5-page paper, organize your paper with the following headings:
Demographics and City Governance
Civic and Social Domains
Cultural and Religious Domains
Under each applicable heading, and based on what you have identified from the Overview Questions section of the Community Assessment Guiding Framework handout, address the following:
Describe the characteristics of your community.
Identify the important individuals, leaders, and other groups in your community.
Explain how these aspects of your community make your community unique.
Based on the Assessment Questions section of the Community Assessment Guiding Framework handout:
Identify an area that may benefit from the development of a program.
Explain why you think your program may be relevant.
Include a reference page (which is in addition to the 4- to 5-page writing requirement) that lists any scholarly journal articles, personal interviews, or government documents used to conduct your assessment.
Community Assessment Guiding Framework
To help you explain the unique characteristics of your community, use these questions to learn about the makeup of your community:
• Identify the date your town or community was established. Tell where you found this information.
• Who was/were the founder(s)? How did the community develop?
• Are there any historic events credited to your community? If so, explain.
• What is the current population? Describe any population shifts. Explain why the shifts have occurred.
• What is your community famous for? What is the culture of your community (e.g., tell what people like to do, any traditions, annual homecoming celebrations, etc.)?
• What is the ethnic/racial composition of your community? Has it changed over the years? If so, explain.
• Who are the current official leaders, including the mayor, aldermen, and chief of police?
• Are there any prominent outspoken community leaders? If so, who are they?
• What community resources/services are available?
• What is your role in the community? Describe any civic engagement.
• How many years have you lived in this community? What are your future plans?
• How can you best serve your community?
See next page for Assessment Questions
Community Assessment Guiding Framework
To help you assess the needs of your community, use these questions to guide your assessment and writing:
• What are the characteristics needed to be a leader in your community?
• Who do you consider to be a leader in your community?
• Who do others recognize with formal/informal power as a leader?
• What community and civic engagement opportunities are available?
• What boundaries separate your community (may be geographical)?
• Are there any major dissentions/grievances in decision making? How are they handled?
• What is the role of the faith-based organizations in the community?
• What community outreach efforts have been made over the years?
• What is the perceived social issue(s)/concern/problem of the community?
• What are goals to move the community forward?
• What are obstacles to those goals (real or perceived)?
• What are some memorable events? Historic community events?
• How has the community changed?
• Who are today’s community leaders?
• What can be done to improve the community?
• What is your active participation in community, church, or civic functions?
• What are some issues frequently addressed by law enforcement?
• What are the barriers to law enforcement?
• What are the policies that impede progress to community growth?
• What is the law enforcement accessibility/availability to all citizens?
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates